Monday, April 19, 2010

Tea Party

Dear Diary, I am such a lucky aunt! The niece, who is often bossy and strong willed, is giving a tea party, this very afternoon! Because I dribble when I drink a cup of tea, so she says, we are not having any guests [I would love to invite that gorgeous young man from down the street, but ... well I suppose a 50 or 60 year age gap is a little over the odds], but we are using the bone china tea set.

There is nothing like drinking breakfast tea from bone china. As this is a tea party, we are not drinking breakfast tea; niece has broken all rules of thrift and splashed out on a small packet of Earl Grey tea leaves, none of those bags for us. Don't they remind you of 'women's personal supplies, one sees in the supermarket aisles? This afternoon tea is for ladies, and ladies do not speak in such a common manner. Why in my younger days we kept our personal lives and afflictions to ourself.

Oooh, the table cloth is coming out, and some of that rather tasty loaf niece is so good at baking.

Must hurry and find my powder puff ... a lady needs to look her best at an afternoon tea party.

No comments: