Wednesday, April 28, 2010

A Day of Recuperation

Dear Diary, After a terrible sleep disturbed by dreams I had long forgotten, I was awakened by a loud banging. For a moment I believed the horror of war was upon me as I saw Bobby's dear face fading into the cloudy distance. However Niece's raucous voice brought me into the present moment as she harangued me to open the door. She demanded I get up out of my bed; that I had lain and sulked too long.

If she only knew how much my feelings were hurting; how her noisy insistence that I rise frayed my fragile mind.

I rolled over, pretending to be still asleep.

Luck was not with me this morning. She rattled at the door saying that if I didn't open up immediately [Immediately Dear Diary! I do not do Immediate!], she would find the spare key and enter my room. I had always been under the impression that my boudoir was my own Private Space, and would only be entered by invitation. Seems Niece has other ideas.

Slowly I struggled out of bed, and hobbled across the plush carpet to unlock the door of my privacy. I must have looked a wreck; I know I felt like the wreck of the Hesperus. Niece gently led me back to the armchair near the window and offered to bring me a cup of tea. Acquiescing weakly [one must make the most of such a situation], I allowed her to take over.

Thankfully she didn't enquire too closely as to the reason for my sorry state, and Dear Diary, I am in no mood to enlighten her. A day of pampering and cosseting is just what I need.

No comments: