Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Upheaval

Dear Diary, what a day it has been. First of all niece and her man decided to buy some furniture. Did they tell me the house would be in an upheaval? No! I mean, here I am, a little old lady, with not too much emphasis on the old thank you, who pays my share into this household, and I am informed of absolutely nothing. Why the place could be sold and I left here without knowing where they have gone.


The tea party went OK. Flies zizzzing around and landing on the butter is not what I am used to! We should have partaken of our loaf and tea in the shade house, amongst the ferns and the plants sitting in plastic pots until they root enough to be planted out. But no, we sat on the patio, where flying critters assume ownership.
As an aside, I wonder if this place ever was sold, would those pesky flies follow?

Anyway the new furniture duly and arrived and Niece has fluttered around much of the morning shining glasses, and placing dishes and other unimportant trivialities in place. It looks like we live in a mansion!

No comments: