Friday, April 23, 2010

Chaos

Dear Diary, You won't believe the chaos created here today! Visitors!

I dressed discretely in my sleek black jump suit, with my new pink underwear. I had contemplated wearing the black set, but thought that just too sombre, and rather boring don't you think? Black from inside out could be worn to a funeral, but I am, as yet, not ready for a funeral. As my bunions are giving me gip today I plumped for my comfortable, and oh so warm, pink slippers with their sheepskin lining, and they did match my outfit.

Visitors arrived; all was well as we settled in comfortable chairs in the lounge and sipped on tea, and those ghastly lamingtons, which I will admit, tasted scrumptious, and aided by my extensive general knowledge and conversational powers, the morning began pleasantly. What we did not know was Visitors had a new acquisition since our last 'catchup'.

Without warning the door, that was slightly ajar, flew wide open, and in scampered a dog, an Irish Setter wearing a studded collar, similar to those short squat dogs owned by bikies and the like. Niece and I stared in amazement! Visitors made sloppy noises of affection to this long legged creature, who responded by running around the room like a cyclone. Nothing was safe! The Setters gangling legs knocked the aspidistra off its tall wrought iron stand, seared a huge crack in the chartreuse ceramic pot scattering potting mix wide and far over the cream shag pile carpet. Niece, bless her soul, showed considered diplomacy by ordering the dog outdoors, and in a blistering silence she managed to scoop the worse of the damage into a dustpan.

You will have to excuse me Dear Diary. I am going to lie down with the drapes closed against the watery sun, and with the aid of my trusted smelling salts, I hope to soothe my normally tranquil, but momentarily severely shattered, equilibrium.

No comments: