Friday, July 16, 2010

A Rainbow

Dear Diary, what a wonderful sight displayed for anyone wishing to look! This morning as I opened the drapes it was obvious rain is in the offing. Of course one expects rain in winter, and as long as it doesn't pour for days on end keeping one indoors indefinitely, then I am happy. Walking around the paddocks in a light drizzle leaves a feeling of well-being. While the hair might droop, the skin is left feeling refreshed; it poses no difficulty to change any clothing holding raindrops.

The picture on view was wondrous. A double rainbow spread its glorious colours across the sky. Not often does a double rainbow appear, and when they do fill the skies we never have a camera to capture the moment.

Dear Diary, I have never found the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow, but I did see where this one ended. A distant hillside was bright. Red, orange, yellow, green, blue, indigo and violet light lit a circle of the hillside up. Had one not seen the rainbow it would have been easy to imagine a spacecraft perching on the slope. Except of course the circle of light gave a view like looking through 3D glasses [or how I think looking through 3D glasses would appear, as to date I haven't taken the opportunity of attending a three dimensional movie]. The grass colour ranged through a kaleidoscope of colours of the rainbow creating a picture seldom seen.

As I stood watching clouds raced across the sky; patches of blue were covered in a soft eiderdown of white fluffy clouds, some with ominous dark grey bottoms, and the breeze grew stronger. Without warning splats of rain splashed on the window; the air grew colder, and the drapes moved alarmingly in the building wind. I closed the window, sad that all vestiges of that wondrous rainbow had disappeared into a world of grey.

Dear Diary, I feel that today is a day to spend indoors. I have two books as yet unopened; perhaps I will write a letter first, or perhaps I might just sit and watch the day go by.

No comments: